- Turf Hardener and autumn/winter biostimulant
- Promotes stress-resistant, healthy plants
- Hardens the grass against wear and enhances disease resistance
- Reduces the need for inorganic fertilisers
- Used in times of stress to re-balance the trace elements within the plant
DEFENDER is a concentrated extract of Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed harvested from the Atlantic Ocean from renewable resources, with 5% Chelated Iron and 0.3% Copper.
It contains a natural balance of macronutrients and chelated micronutrients (>60 elements), carbohydrates, amino acids, antioxidants and other beneficial organic compounds.
Copper stimulates enzymatic processes and chlorophyll production within the plant. Copper assists in root growth and physical and chemical plant defence mechanisms,. Copper activation is dependent upon microbial activity in soil organic matter.
Iron is an important component of plant enzymes and proteins involved in respiration, nitrogen metabolism, and chlorophyll synthesis. Symbio Defender will harden grass against disease and enhance colour.
Naturally-occurring nutrients include:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, C, D, E, K, choline and carotene.
- Bioactive amino acids including alanine, valine, glycine, isoleucine, serine, tyrosine and stress protecting amino-betaines.
- Plant hormones: auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins.
- Essential trace elements including boron, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum and zinc
Timing and Application
10L per hectare. Use as a biostimulant year round. Apply monthly or tank mixed with biostimulants or liquid fertilisers as required.
Apply as a soil drench in spring, summer and early autumn in 400-600L water per hectare
Apply as a foliar spray in late autumn and winter in 300- 400L water per hectare
Use as a growth stimulant and plant hardener throughout the cool season from autumn to spring. Apply monthly except in times of frost.