Yesterday we looked at one of the biggest barriers to a successful bowling club turnaround: procrastination;
Ok so it’s hard to get yourself motivated and started and ready sometimes, but there comes a time when you really do have to stop “getting ready”. Some people are even now getting ready to…”get ready”.
One of the biggest excuses I hear from bowling clubs is that they must have someone with proper qualifications behind them before they can tackle the turnaround of their “business” properly; and a whole lot of them think they need some guru with an MBA.
Now, the MBA or Master of Business Administration is a very useful degree and a lot of people spend a lot of time and a lot of money getting one and I admire those who do; but you know what? A lot of time and money spent studying what is essentially a very simple subject does not automatically make good business people.
I have created my own MBA program to help club committees get to grips with what they need to know about turning around their bowling club (business) in 10 minutes flat. I have imaginatively called this, (pause for fanfare and drum roll):
The 10 Minute MBA
My 10 Minute MBA is obviously a very short version of the original, but once it’s in your head, its in there forever and you can apply it to any business situation to get straight to what is important.
My 10 Minute MBA is essentially a diagram or a method for structuring your approach to club business and the actions you take within it everyday to make sure you are:
- always sure of what you should be doing and what your club is all about
- confident that you have covered everything you need to do
- certain that you are spending the right amount of money on the right things
- positive that you are reaching your intended audience with the “right” message
- delivering an experience that wows your customers, user groups and/or members
- making money
My 10 Minute MBA helps you to:
- define your club’s future business goals exactly
- tell your members, customers and prospects about your offer in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Deliver your offering to the market in the smoothest, most profitable and most integrated way
- Develop and retain the very best staff and volunteers who ooze your club’s philosophy from every pore
- Innovate in a way that will leave your competition in a pool of sweat.
Is it expensive? It makes up one section out of 7 in my eBook Bowling Club Survival and Turnaround and at the moment you can pick up your copy for under £20!
How long will it take to learn it? Well there is a clue in the title; if you can’t work it out from there it maybe isn’t for you at this moment.
I do hope you can make the sacrifice in money and time to get your 10 Minute MBA. I promise it will accelerate your club turnaround and cast a whole new light on running your club as a long term successful business.